Your provider will decide which type of VI chemical peel is best suited for your skin. Depending on each patient, you may experience minimal to moderate flaking or “sheet” peeling of your skin. Peeling typically begins on day 2 or 3 and is complete by day 6 or 7 post-peel. Once your skin is done going through the peeling process, it will look bright and refreshed!
•Safe products to use during peeling: VI Derm Gentle Purifying Cleanser, Post Treatment Repair Cream, SPF 50+. (From your home you can also use a gentle cleanser, Neocutis After Care, Aquaphor, and sunscreen.)
• Days 3, 4 and 5 are the typical days of peeling. By day 6 most exfoliation has subsided.
• Typically, peeling begins on the third day, starting around the mouth then peeling outward. The forehead and neck will be the last areas to peel.
• We recommend cleansing your face prior to showering and keeping your face protected from hot water.
• When cleansing your face use your fingertips only. Avoid using washcloths or facial machine brushes during the first week.
• While the skin is exfoliating avoid pulling, picking, rubbing and any premature removal of skin. This could lead to significant irritation and possible hyperpigmentation. Never force or peel the skin off in sheets. Cuticle scissors can be use to cut excess skin off.
• When peeling, make sure to keep your body hydrated and your skin moisturized.
• The Post Treatment Repair Cream may cause slight sensitivity when first applied but it quickly subsides.
• If you are excessively dry, itchy, or irritated when peeling, add a light layer of Aquaphor to provide a protective barrier.
Resuming Skin Care:
-Non-Actives: Can be resumed once peeling has subsided, usually day 6-7.
-Actives: Can be resumed once peeling has subsided and sensitivity has returned to normal, usually day 7-10.
Physical Activity / Exercise:
-Refrain for 72-96 hours after peel application. Inducing excessive perspiration can lead to PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) or blistering.
Scheduling the Next VI Peel:
-VI Peels should be scheduled every 4-6 weeks (for best results)
Additional Skincare Treatments:
-It is recommended to wait for a minimum of 2 weeks before any treatment that creates exfoliation of the skin. (Includes facials,
extractions, waxing, and threading)
-Consult with your practitioner for other treatment options.
• No sun exposure one week before treatment
• Stop using retinoids one week prior to treatment unless you have been consistently using them 5 -7 nights a week for 6 months+
Book a Consult with your Cultivate Aesthetics provider to see which VI Chemical Peel will be best suited for your skin!